Sunday, March 8, 2009

Data and Computer Communications (International Edition) Author: William Stallings @ Rm80.00


  1. Paperback: 864 pages
  2. Publisher: Pearson Education; 7 edition (12 Jun 2003)
  3. Language English





Book Information:


best book at that level
I really like this book and it is my favourite among books at that level. The main competitors are Tanenbaum "Computer Networks" and Kurose&Ross "Computer Networking"; Stallings is better because if it also starts from the basics, it is technically deeper, making it a more useful long-term reference. The companion web site is very useful (and has free access unlike Kurose). Tanenbaum's book is very good too but seems dated in places now (I expect a new eidition will come out eventually).
In a nutshell, if you need only one intermediate level computer networking book, make it this one.
Very good book, but some holes
Over all a very good book, but in some areas it's very US-centric with detailed coverage of IS-95 but no mention of GSM. I also found the index hard to navigage with several attempts needed to find something as large as ADSL.
Helpful for Data Comms
I found this book really helpful during my second year of Computer Science. There were detailed explanations of the internal workings of networks, along with good diagrams.
I suggest it as a textbook, complete and updated
I adopted this book for my course. Very up-to-date and easy to understand. Very good resources online both for teaching and students, give quite a helping hand.
excellent book
It is very good book to learn how data and computer communicates. It is helping me lot with my studies. Plain English and easy to understand.

By:Miguelmutien

No comments:

Post a Comment